16 Dezembro 2015
Day of Prayer and Awareness against trafficking in persons. Feb. 8th. 2016
The final preparatory meeting for the World Day of Prayer and Awareness against trafficking Feb. 8th. 2016 was held this morning, 16th. Dec. in Rome. In addition to the members of Talitha Kum, representing the International Unions of Superiors General (female and male), promoters of the day, partner organisations also in attendance were: The Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, the Pontifical Council for Migrants, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, COATNET (Caritas Internationalis) and the International Union of Catholic Women's Organizations.
The day of prayer is an invitation to open and go through the Door of Mercy as we strive to:
- · Proclaim release to the captives, and set at liberty those who are oppressed (Lk. 4:18)
- · Break the chains of injustice and inequality
- · Build human relationships based on respect for the dignity of every creature
- · Be stronger and more effective witnesses against all forms of exploitation
- · Bring the transforming power of God's mercy to our daily actions
- · Counter, with simple gestures of peace, all forms of violence
- · Dare to promote forgiveness and reconciliation.
The programme of prayer and the updated website will be available at the end of December.